Would you like the opportunity to work with one of the most prominent building consultancy firms in Yorkshire?
GRADUATE/CHARTERED QUANTITY SURVEYOR
We are currently seeking to recruit either a Quantity Surveying Graduate with a year of experience and working towards RICS qualification, or a newly qualified Chartered Quantity Surveyor to work on our wide ranging and increasing workload, to be based in either our Hull or York Office.
You will be involved in an interesting, varied and exciting workload across a wide range of Quantity Surveying services including Cost Planning, Pre and Post Contract Services, Contract Administration, Employers Agent/Project Management, Expert Witness, Monitoring Surveyor roles to name but a few.
We have an excellent record in supporting and mentoring young surveyors to achieve chartered status, which we see as an important part of developing and maintaining our successful business.
You will support our own in house project teams commercially as well as carry out direct commissions for our clients.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate with flexible terms and conditions. To apply please send you
SECRETARY/ADMINISTRATOR – HARROGATE
LHL Group Ltd are a company with offices based in York, Harrogate and Hull, who provide Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying and Architectural Services to clients across all market sectors with specialist expertise in property acquisition and maintenance, education, conservation, country houses, healthcare and landlord and tenant matters.
LHL Group are looking to recruit a Secretary / Administrator for their office in Harrogate.
This is a varied and interesting role and duties will include (but not limited to) :
- Full support to the fee earner as required, including:
- Preparing correspondence and documents through digital dictation.
- Client Enquiries
- Audio typing
- Diary Management
- Dealing with correspondence and preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch
- Manning the reception area, answering calls and transferring to the relevant person or taking messages
- Greeting visitors and providing refreshments
- Ordering stationery and liaising with outside suppliers
- Preparation of new job files using the in house database to log client information
- Maintain the archiving system including ensuring files are archived to the LHL Group Quality Management System standards
- Providing typing support from dictated, handwritten or other sources.
- General administration duties including filing, postal duties, scanning, photocopying etc.
Qualifications, Skill, and Abilities:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the performance of responsible secretarial and clerical work.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 10 including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision and the ability to organize and prioritise work.
- Ability to type at a minimum speed of 60 wpm. Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all work colleagues and clients/contacts and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
Full training on the LHL Group systems and databases will be provided.
For any further information and to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies to apply
SENIOR CHARTERED BUILDING SURVEYOR
LHL are an industry leading construction and building consultancy based just outside York City Centre with offices also in Hull and Harrogate. We have recently landed some exciting new contracts guaranteeing workload for the next few years and thus are looking for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor to join their highly successful building consultancy team
The successful Senior Building Surveyor will be working on a diverse range of instructions, covering both professional and project-based works across commercial, residential, education and retail sectors.
As the successful Senior Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for developing and mentoring graduate building surveyors through the APC process.
The Role of the Successful Senior Building Surveyor will include:
Schedules of Dilapidations
Commercial Building Surveys
Taking projects from inception through to completion
Reporting to directors
The successful Senior Building Surveyor will have:
MRICS or MCIOB or MICE or MIStructE with over 1 years PQE
Past experience working within a building consultancy
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Strong work ethic and able to work off own initiative
Experience as a Principal designer would be advantageous
In Return, the successful Senior Building Surveyor will receive:
£40,000 – £50,000 Package
Car or Car Allowance
25 Days Annual Leave
Cycle to work scheme
Pension Contribution Scheme
CPD Training sessions
A path to Associate level and potentially beyond
If this role interests you and you feel you have the right attitude and drive to not only work within a successful Building and Construction Consultancy but have the potential to promote through the upper management levels then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
No Agencies to apply
RECENTLY QUALIFIED/GRADUATE BUILDING SURVEYOR
LHL Group are seeking a recently qualified (MRICS) / Graduate Building Surveyor to join our team based in the Hull office. The successful candidate will undertake a varied workload of surveys, dilapidations and project work on new build and refurbishment sectors. Flexible terms are available with opportunities for career progression.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies to apply